Do you plan on refreshing your living spaces with an interior painting project this year? A new coat of paint does wonders for the look and feel of any room. Should you wait until the warmer months, or is it better to go ahead and do it during the winter?
As veteran painting contractors, ALL IN Painting knows a thing or two about this topic. Below, we share a quick guide on the best time to tackle your next interior paint job for great results.
Winter Interior Paint Jobs are More Flexible
The colder months might not be the time of year that comes to mind when you think about painting your home’s interior. However, there are a few worthwhile benefits to painting during the winter.
- Lower rates. Paint companies typically offer better rates for booking their services during the off-peak season. Scheduling your project during the winter could help you save a lot.
- Flexible scheduling. Would you like to paint at a time and date that is most convenient? You might have an easier time with fewer people booking up your contractor’s time during the winter.
- Enjoy the whole summer. Many people thoroughly look forward to their summertime activities and do not want a paint project to interrupt these plans. If so, painting during the winter is a great compromise.
- Faster drying time. Winter typically brings lower humidity, which can help interior coatings dry faster. If you need to use a newly painted space right away, this is something to keep in mind.
- Volatile Organic Compounds. Not being able to open the windows might make it more difficult to air out the paint fumes. Indoor VOCs can quickly become overwhelming, and older paint products may have forced you to leave your property until the paint dried. As a reputable contractor, ALL IN Painting uses premium low-VOC paint from Sherwin Williams to mitigate this issue.
Summer Interior Coatings Love Natural Light
Why do people wait until the warmer months to paint their properties? Here are some things to keep in mind:
- Ventilation. Warmer weather means you can open the windows and doors to air out the space after an interior painting job.
- Additional projects. Dry summer weather is also a perfect time to tackle your building’s exterior. If you prefer to finish all paint projects in one go, summer is a perfect time.
- Natural light. Have you ever noticed how painted surfaces look different as the lighting changes? Summertime brings longer days and more natural light, with excellent opportunities to see your true paint color in action.
- Relaxed holidays. Would you like an accent wall or a full painting project to help your home look its best for upcoming holiday gatherings? Painting in the summer gives you plenty of time.
- Slower drying. Humid summers can make the paint dry slower. Professionals like ALL IN Painting would use high-quality latex paint products to mitigate this effect.
- Peak season. Painting during the summer comes with higher rates due to increased demand, like most other services.
Which is Better for Painting: Summer or Winter?
Painting in summer or winter will come down to your preferences, schedule, and home improvement plans during the year. Do what works for you, and choose a reliable service provider to make the process go smoothly. When you work with a veteran contractor like ALL IN Painting, you can pick any season for your project and guarantee exceptional results.
The ALL IN Painting team will work with you to develop a tailored plan that fits your needs, budget, and schedule. You can expect the following from our professionals:
- Detail. The smallest details matter when it comes to a home or business. We take the time to understand your vision and preferences before we plan any paintwork.
- Quality. We only use the highest quality materials from trusted brands like Sherwin-Williams and Milesi. Premium paint gives long-lasting results you’ll be happy with for years to come.
- Professionalism. With ALL IN Painting, you get professionals who respect your time and communicate clearly. The project will run smoothly from start to finish in our capable hands.
- Value. We understand that everyone has a unique budget for their project. That’s why we offer competitive rates without compromising on quality or service.
Call ALL IN Painting at (317) 517-7208 today to chat about your interior painting needs in Greenwood, South Bend, Indianapolis, IN, and other nearby areas! We also offer exterior painting and cabinetry painting services.